Similar to the Gangam Style video, the Harlem Shake video has gone viral. And everyone and their brother is jumping on the bandwagon to develop their own rendition.
University of Georgia Men’s Swim and Dive Team
As of last Thursday, the number of Harlem Shake videos was at a whooping 40,000, and those videos collectively had secured 175 million views!
So is it worth the time to respond quickly to potential YouTube sensations for your brand? Below are 6 quick questions to help vet the opportunity.
1. Does this support your marketing goals? If so, how?
2. What end result do you want to achieve by the potential exposure (e.g brand exposure, impressions, product sales, etc.)?
3. Will the video really, truly help you achieve your goals and meet your expectations?
4. What metrics can you put in place to track the results?
5. Can you really organize your employees to respond immediately?
6. Is there something, someone or a unique location you can use in the video that will stand out from others? Think Jeff Gordon, Sea World animals or underwater.